Senior Backend .NET Developer - Oneocean
July 21. 2021
Reporting to: Camille VIOT, Software manager R&D
Why are we looking for a senior backend .Net developer in our teams?
We recently chose to rework our product line with state-of-the-art technologies to bring cloud native components, AI services, NoSQL databases, Infrastructure as Code and other techs in our products in order to provide future-proof solutions to our customers. We look for high-calibre, forward-thinking, energetic people who have a can-do attitude. We want people who will thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and embrace the opportunity to be part of a company with ambitious growth and new product development plans.
Here is what your day-to-day in this role will look like:
• Help build and pilot the design of a new generation of products
• Participate in the Agile development cycle by deploying at high frequency
• Work closely with developers, architects, designers, data specialists, quality analysts and maritime experts
• Become an expert in the intricacies of the maritime world
• Develop internationally used products that scale quickly
With the technologies that you will use day by day:
• Azure-Backed Cloud-native infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, IaC, …)
• C# and .NET Core, getting ready for .NET 6
• SQL relational databases
• NoSql (MongoDB, CouchDB) (asset)• Micro-Services architecture
• CI/CD with Azure DevOps and Git
• You have a proven experience developing B2B API with high-scale usage
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in backend development building SaaS solutions in C# and .Net Core
• You have demonstrated technological leadership and ownership in a professional environment.
• Mastery of CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.); and DevOps best practices (Azure DevOps an asset).
• You are comfortable with at least one Cloud platform (Azure an asset).
• You can work independently, are comfortable with technological exploration, questioning the status quo, and uncertainty.
The person we would like to work with:
• Ownership: Getting things done, dedicated to building quality software as a team, sustainably. You care about the business impact of what you are building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You are not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
• Team player: Because we put a lot of trust in our experts, our ideal candidate will show very good communication skills. Since no one at OneOcean needs permission to do their job, we expect that you can properly expose your ideas to your peers to gather their feedback. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
• Creativity, curiosity, and initiative: We trust your creativity to do what is right to deliver quality products. You confidently start from scratch while being ready to pivot, change and adapt to keep relentless pace of innovation. You are watching latest tech trends, and you are curious about other domains. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
What we offer?
• Group insurance plan
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible working from home policy
• Monthly team-building events
• Friday innovation’s afternoons, continuous learning policy, open-source initiatives, publication of tech articles
• Beautiful and well-located office (downtown) with secure bike room and showers
• What you need to get cosy (fresh fruits, tea, and coffee obviously)
What about us?
We have successfully completed a large merger and have become the leader in a tight maritime market. Now we want to act accordingly by reworking our product line, investing in long-term technology to provide our customers the best solutions. We want to transform our field into a smarter, leaner maritime industry.We are designing our new products generation using the latest innovative technologies with web applications and APIs deployed to more than 10,000 users worldwide. We are structured in autonomous and Agile squads (multidisciplinary team) where the status quo is prohibited and in which everyone has a word in the organization, architecture, or design of the product.
If building our future generation of software, making life easier for ship owners, ship managers and crews and resolving navigation challenges to revolutionize the maritime world inspires you, send us your application!