Reporting to: Camille VIOT, Software manager R&D
Why are we looking for a Full-Stack JAVA developer in our teams?
We recently chose to rework our product line with state-of-the-art technologies to bring cloud
native components, AI services, NoSQL databases, Infrastructure as Code and other techs in our
products in order to provide future-proof solutions to our customers. We look for forward-thinking
and energetic people who have a can-do attitude. We want people who will thrive in a diverse and
challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and embrace the opportunity to be part
of a company with ambitious growth and new product development plans.
Here is what your day-to-day in this role will look like:
• Help build and pilot the bridges between our new generation of products and our legacy tools
• Drive development of new GIS systems to advance our ground-breaking maritime solution
• Participate in the Agile development cycle by deploying at high frequency
• Work closely with developers, architects, designers, data specialists, quality analysts and maritime experts
• Become an expert in the intricacies of the maritime world
• Develop internationally used products that scale quickly
With the technologies that you will use day by day:
• Azure-Backed Cloud-native infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, IaC, …)
• Java based products with Java EE, JSF and EJB3
• C# and .NET Core, getting ready for .NET 6
• Micro-Frontend built with Angular 10 on Typescript
• Web-first products, PWA, Service workers, WebGL, Electron, Cordova.
• Mapping Framework: Openlayers, Mapbox GL
• CI/CD with Azure DevOps and Git
• Databases with SQL (PostgreSQL/PostGIS), NoSQL (MongoDB), MySQL and blob storage
• You have a mandatory experience in Java frameworks and platform (Java EE (an asset) or
Spring/Spring Boot, JSF, EJB3, PrimeFaces, JMS)
• You have experience building SaaS solutions in C# and .Net Core
• Working knowledge of GIS analysis (e.g., visualization, manipulation, conversion, …)
• You are proficient with database technologies like SQL (preference to Postgres and PostGIS)
• You have some knowledge of Python
• You have a solid understanding of HTTP, RESTful APIs and OOP
• You have experience in micro-services architecture.
• You have experience in DevOps practices.
• You are comfortable with at least one Cloud platform.
• You can work independently, are comfortable with technological exploration, questioning the status quo, and uncertainty.• You have demonstrated technological leadership and ownership in a professional environment.
• Great oral and written communication skills in English
The person we would like to work with:
• Ownership: Getting things done, dedicated to building quality software as a team,
sustainably. You care about the business impact of what you are building, and you
prioritize projects accordingly. You are not just going after cool stuff—youunderstand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
• Team player: Because we put a lot of trust in our experts, our ideal candidate will show very good communication skills. Since no one at OneOcean needs permission to do their job, we expect that you can properly expose your ideas to your peers to gather their feedback. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.• Creativity, curiosity, and initiative: We trust your creativity to do what is right to deliver quality products. You confidently start from scratch while being ready to pivot, change and adapt to keep relentless pace of innovation. You are watching latest tech trends, and you are curious about other domains. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
What we offer?
• Group insurance plan
• Normal working hours with a focus on work/life balance
• Flexible start time to your day with no expectation of work outside of business hours
• Opportunity to keep your skills sharp (conferences, training, and resources)
• 4h/week every Friday afternoon to work on your own innovative project or to follow some trainings
• Beautiful and well-located office (downtown) with secure bike room and showers
• What you need to get cosy (fresh fruits, tea, and coffee obviously)
• Monthly team-building events
What about us?
We are designing our new products generation using the latest innovative technologies with web applications and APIs deployed to more than 10,000 users worldwide. We are structured in autonomous and Agile squads (multidisciplinary teams) where the status quo is prohibited and in everyone has a word in the organization, architecture, or design of the product.
If building our future generation of software, making life easier for ship owners, ship managers and crews and resolving navigation challenges to revolutionize the maritime world inspires you, send us your application !