Sidekick Interactive is a young and dynamic company which primarily develops mobile applications (native iOSand Android solutions) for a variety of different clients. We’ve worked on innovative and demanding projects forthe City of Montreal, car2go, startups and european clients, to name a few. Our more sophisticated apps requirebackends that are built on top of Microsoft technolgies (Azure Cloud, ASP.NET MVC, C#, Web API, Azure MobileApp Services, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, etc).
We are looking for some extra help with the server side work. The ideal candidate is a full stack ASP.NETdeveloper who can handle some web front-end work, but it should be noted that most of the significant workloadwill be back-end, and so this knowledge is more of a priority. Most of the projects we are working on aretechnically challenging, so you should be comfortable with problem solving, and implementing solid softwareengineering principles.
- Develop back-ends for mobile applications using technologies like Azure Mobile Services, ASP.NET Web API, and ASP.NET MVC
- Model and implement databases with Entity Framework
- Develop some web front-end views for administrator web portals (to manage the mobile applications)
- Develop server side logic for things like push notifications and alerts
- Take part in planning, technical discussions, and problem solving. We are looking for someone who can actively contribute to solutions.
- Write some documentation
- Manage deployments of resources
- University degree in computer science or software engineering
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API (we are currently already using Core 1.0, but 4.5 is okay)
- Entity Framework
- Good understanding of relational database modeling
- Good understanding of software engineering principles, and ability to write clean and understandable code.
- Writing unit tests
- Documenting your work
- At least 1 years experience with ASP.NET MVC
Nice to Have
- Strong On-Premise SQL Server and Windows Server knowledge (one of our clients requires an on-premise solution)
- Good with UX and discussing designs
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment
- Experience with Agile development
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Some knowledge of computer vision or AI (completely not necessary short term, but could be interesting for some future projects in the pipeline)
- Able and willing to learn new technologies. We are a small team, so the more flexible each team member is the easier we can adapt. It would be nice to find someone who would be cable of learning a bit of iOS or Android as well. If you already know Java or SWIFT, even better.
- Quick learner
- Easy to discuss problems with
- Able to validate your own work
- Problem solver
- Passionate about technologies and keeping up with latest trends
- Calm temperament, even in stressful situations
- Able to work in a team
- Knows how to play Witcher 3’s GWENT card game **
- Is careful about not giving spoilers for shows like Game of Thrones ***
** Not required, but always a plus
*** Absolutely required
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com